Wear A Hat Day 2021
Despite the current pandemic, today, 26th March 2021, we are taking part in Wear A Hat Day to raise money for Brain Tumour Research.
They are the only national charity in the UK that is dedicated to raising funds for continuous and sustainable scientific research into brain tumours and are a leading voice calling for greater support and action for research into what scientists are calling the last battleground against cancer.
The shocking statistics speak for themselves:
- Too many people are being faced with the devastating diagnosis each year – every two hours, someone is diagnosed with a brain tumour in England
- In the UK, 16,000 people each year are diagnosed with a brain tumour
- Only 12% of brain tumour patients survive beyond five years of their diagnosis, whereas over 70% of breast cancer and over 40% of leukaemia patients survive beyond five years
- Brain tumours are the chief cause of cancer deaths in children and young people – in 2015, the number of children dying from cancer was 194, with brain tumours taking 67 young lives and leukaemia 46
- Brain tumours continue to kill more children and adults under the age of 40 than any other cancer
We support Brain Tumour Research as it a charity is close to our hearts and we are doing this is memory of Kevin, Mark and Stephen.
To donate please visit: