An opportunity has arisen at NRS Group of Companies for a Wash Plant Operative. NRS specialise in aggregates supply, waste management and haulage services throughout the Midlands.
The role entails:
• To support the wash plant supervisor in their duties of operating and controlling the production of sand and gravel
• Carry out pre-start checks to ensure that it is safe to operate
• Reduce contamination through effective management
• Carry out regular maintenance including visual inspections and greasing as per maintenance schedule
• Minimise waste
• Report damage or defects to the plant supervisor / line manager
• Produce various finished materials to company and regulatory specifications
• Operate the plant in a controlled, safe and cost-effective manner
• Work and operate the plant within the quarry regulations 1999 and all other health and safety legislation
• Flexibility for working hours and willingness to work long hours when required to and at weekends
• Have a sound appreciation of health and safety, goof housekeeping and environmental regulations.
The successful candidate:
• Full UK driving licence
• Team Player
• Be able to carry out instructions in a timely manner as given by the wash plant supervisor / line manager
• Ability to plan, organise and prioritise the workload for maintenance and repairs
• Experience of operating various mobile plant machines
• Experience within a quarry would be an advantage
• Experience working with aggregates would be desirable
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit nrswastecare.com.