An opportunity has arisen at NRS Group of Companies for an Apprentice Washplant Operative. NRS specialise in aggregates supply, waste management and haulage services throughout the Midlands.
The role entails:
· Carrying out prestart checks to ensure that it is safe to operate the wash plant
· Reduce contamination though effective production of aggregates
· Minimise waste
· Report any damage or defects to plant supervisor / site manager
· Carry out regular maintenance, including visual inspections and greasing as per the maintenance schedule
· Carry out repairs to washplant
· Produce various finished materials to company and regulatory specifications
· Operate the washplant in a safe, controlled and cost-effective manner
· Support the wash plant supervisor in their duties or operating and controlling the production of sand and gravels
· Work and operate the wash plant within quarry regulations 1999 and all other health and safety regulations
The successful candidate:
· Experience within a quarry would be an advantage.
· Experience working with aggregates would be desirable
· Team player
· Hard worker
· Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload
· Full UK driving licence will be required due to location
Job Type: Permanent, Apprenticeship
To apply for this job please visit nrswastecare.com.